St Mary-in-Charnwood Notices text for Printing
Advocate Slot - The Laura Centre
1. Please pray for all families directly affected by bereavement at the current time. May God’s eternal love bring them comfort in their suffering.
2. Please pray for the healing work of the Laura Centre, helping bereaved families as they come to terms with their loss, and that the Centre may continue to help individuals work through their grief in their own time and in their own way.
3. Please pray for the centre’s Counsellors, for their strength and wisdom in guiding each person and each family and give them the strength to continue with their important work
4. Please pray that the fundraising needs of the organisation can be met this year, and and every year, so that the charity is able to continue their invaluable work.
Advocate Slot - Christian Aid and Christian Aid Week
Each year we celebrate CHRISTIAN AID WEEK (May 15th - 21st) when we focus on a specific part of our work and hold various events encouraging people to donate to the charity.
This year we will be focussing on climate justice and how the effects of the pandemic and the conflict in the Ukraine have driven up food prices around the globe. Vulnerable families will be pushed even deeper into hunger. Turn hunger into hope!
1) Please pray for all those who are suffering from the effects of Climate Change and especially for hungry families.
2) Please pray for the people of Ukraine and the Christian Aid response as they work with two partner organisations in the ACT Alliance to give help to Ukraine refugees fleeing deadly violence.
3) Please pray for all those who will be organising or participating in events to raise money this Christian Aid Week . Please pray that people’s hearts will be moved to give generously.
HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT. HOPE LIVES IN YOU.
Worship with a Classical Flavour - Sunday 15th May 6pm - 7.30pm
Join us for a short service followed by refreshments and a half hour concert of ‘Music for Springtime’ with Jeremy on piano and Adele singing mezzo-soprano. A delightful programme including music by Faure, Vaughan-Williams, and Howells.
Places no longer need to be booked for this service, so please feel free to come along and bring your friends and family too!
St Mary's Notices - 8th May 2022
Join us for our services in the building this Sunday, with our All Age Morning Worship at 10am and Holy Communion evening service at 6pm.
St Mary's Notices - 15th May
Join us for our services in the building this Sunday, with our Morning Worship with Communion at 10am and Worship with a Classical Flavour at 6pm.
St Mary's Notices - 22nd May
Join us for our services in the building this Sunday, with our Morning Worship at 10am and evening communion with our Advocate Slot at 6pm.
St Mary's Notices - 1st May 2022
Join us for our services in the building this Sunday, with our Morning Worship with communion at 10am and the Book of Common Prayer evening service at 6pm.
Advocate Slot - The Bridge
The Bridge (East Midlands) is a charity that has been working for the community since 1993, delivering a number of specialist housing related advice, support, and assistance services plus accommodation options to homeless and vulnerably housed people across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland.
Their vision is to create resilient, compassionate communities where individuals thrive in safe and secure homes and develop sustainable housing solutions through partnership, empowerment, and good practice.
• Give thanks for the community and clients served over the last thirty years by The Bridge.
• Pray for the work of the Charnwood Food Poverty Group and the many groups supporting it.
• Pray for the appointment of a new Community Engagement Lead in the near future.
• Pray that those who are referred to or approach the charity for help may be found a lasting home or enabled to remain in the one they have.
St Mary's Notices - 30th January
Join us on Sunday if you are able but we do encourage you do a lateral flow test first and wear your face mask. Thank you.
Thy Kingdom come
Join the global wave of prayer calling all Christians to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know the love and peace of Jesus Christ. May 21st - May 31st 2020.
Please keep praying for Matt and Mary and the new people engaging through the St Mary’s Forest Church page on Facebook and maybe take a look yourself.
Pentecost Message - Pope Francis
As part of our thinking about 'a better world' and the need for change, I thought I'd share with you a couple of Pentecost messages I found thought-provoking. This first one comes from an event for Thy Kingdom Come - the Archbishop of Canterbury led a service with contributions from church leaders of many denominations including the Pope, who gave a homily addressing the need for change which you can see by clicking more details.
Pentecost Message - Bishop Martyn
As part of our thinking about 'a better world' and the need for change, I thought I'd share with you a couple of Pentecost messages I found thought-provoking: This one is from Bishop Martyn. In his weekly message he challenged us to think about how we translate our whole life as church into the new context we find ourselves in. Click more details to play the video.
Adele's Letter Sunday 31 May 2020
Adele looks forward to Pentecost this Sunday, and further ahead to our next sermon series based on the Tearfund resource ‘The World Rebooted’.
St Mary's YouTube Channel
All our online services are on the St Mary's YouTube channel. You can view these on computer, phone, tablet and TVs with compatible apps. The link to the latest service is always on the website. If you watch on a TV app make sure you do find first the Playlists section of our Channel to see the videos and songs in order!
Sharing the Peace - again!
Wasn't the peace video great? Matt sends his apologies that a few people got left off by mistake. He has very kindly added them in now, which gives us the perfect excuse for showing it again this Sunday! We've put it on our YouTube channel as a separate video which you can see anytime with this link
Adele's Letter for Trinity Sunday
Adele introduces our new sermon series considering how we might build on recent experiences to create a better world for the future. There are also links to related Pentecost messages from Pope Francis and Bishop Martyn.
Wednesdays at 12
This is the final week of our series 'Exploring Prayer' with the Archbishop of Canterbury. This week we will be discussing videos 4 and 5 in a short and informal discussion at the Wednesdays at 12 zoom meeting (password stmarys). You can find videos by clicking more details
Patchwork Banner - A Reminder
A reminder ... everyone is invited to decorate a green fabric square (4, 6 or 8 inches + border) using whatever technique you choose. When sewn together, we hope this will form a banner that speaks of our continued faith and hope through this time of separation. Please contact Katherine Hetzel for more details.
Adele's Letter - Sunday 14 June - Greater Togetherness
Adele writes to introduce the theme of "Greater Togetherness" for this Sunday's Service, welcoming Lusa Nsenga Ngoy who will be preaching, and encouraging us to reflect again on our vision priorities and what it might mean to be truly ‘Open’ and ‘Connected’. Click more details to read the letter.
Planning for Opening Church for Private Prayer
I expect you will have heard the government announcement that churches can now open for private prayer
when they can do so safely. Please pray for us as we plan for how we can do this in a way that is welcoming but also sustainable and safe for both visitors and volunteers.
Sunday Service - 21 June - Valuing Life
This week we continue our series based on the Tearfund video 'The World Rebooted' - this Sunday exploring the second strand 'Valuing Life' with some challenging Bible passages which I think raise lots of questions.